CHURCH CITY MISSION STATEMENT:
We exist for the purpose of making, building and equipping disciples of Jesus Christ.
1. WE BELIEVE... The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2 Timothy 3:15-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21
2. WE BELIEVE... There is only ONE True God – revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:10,11,Matthew 28:19,Luke 3:22, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14,
3. WE BELIEVE... In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
Matthew 1:23 , Luke 1:31, Luke 1:35
4. WE BELIEVE... though originally good, Man Fell to Sin – ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
Genesis 1:26,27, Genesis 2:17, Genesis 3:6 ,Romans 5:12-19
5. WE BELIEVE... Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior)
Luke 24:47, John 3:3, Romans 10:13-15, Ephesians 2:8, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:5-7
6. WE BELIEVE... and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion(the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:16, Acts 10:47,48, Romans 6:4, 2 Peter 1:4, 1 Corinthians 11:26,
1 Corinthians 11:26
7. WE BELIEVE... 7. The baptism of the Holy Spirit
Luke 24:49 Acts 1:4 Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
8. WE BELIEVE.... The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance.The speaking in tongues in this instance is the same in essence as the gift of tongues, but is different in purpose and use.
Acts 2:4 1 Corinthians 12:4-10 1 Corinthians 12:28
9. WE BELIEVE... Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
Romans 12:1,2, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Hebrews 13:12,Hebrews 12:14, 1 Peter 1:15,16
10. WE BELIEVE... The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ. we cannot be saved by our works, but that good works are a result of salvation, and no one can do good works apart from Christ.
Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:19, 20, Mark 16:15,16, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:11-16, 1 Corinthians 12:28,
1 Corinthians 14:12, Psalms 112:9, Galatians 2:10; 6:10, James 1:27
11. WE BELIEVE... A Divinely Called Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
Mark 16:15-20, John 4:23,24, Ephesians 4:11-16, Psalms 112:9, Galatians 2:10; 6:10, James 1:27
12. WE BELIEVE... Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
Isaiah 53:4,5, Matthew 8:16, 17, James 5:14-16
13. WE BELIEVE... in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
1 Thessalonians 4:16,17, Romans 8:23, Titus 2:13, 1 Corinthians 15:51,52
14. WE BELIEVE... in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
Zechariah 14:5 ,Matthew 24:27, Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-14, Revelation 20:1-6
15. WE BELIEVE... A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:43-48, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:11-15, Revelation 21:8
16. WE BELIEVE... and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'
2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21, Revelation 22